Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 oz fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- To cook the quinoa on the stovetop, combine one part quinoa with two parts water or broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it’s boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. You can also cook the quinoa in a rice cooker.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, let it cool for 20-30 minutes. In the meantime, add the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil and vinegar, in a large bowl. When the quinoa has cooled, add it to the bowl, along with the oil and vinegar. Toss all the ingredients together and store the salad covered in the refrigerator until it’s ready to be served.
The salad will keep for up to two days in the fridge.